Sunday, November 30, 2014

Last C4T

Each week we are assigned a different teachers blog to comment on, but this week was a little bit different. We were provided a list of teachers blogs, and we had to choose one. I chose David Wees and was very intrigued by some of his recent posts.

The first post that I commented on was titled 20 Things Every Teacher Should Do. This post was very interesting because it gave me as a future educator an idea of what teaching is really like. The most important thing from this list in my opinion was "to believe that all of their students can achieve success". This is important to me because I know how hard it can be to do something when you do not have the proper support. As teachers we will still be learners and needing to improve, and having a list like this of helpful things to keep in mind could be very beneficial.

The second post was called I was not born to teach. This title alone jumped out to me very much. In this post David explained how he was not born to do things like teaching, using technology, and being a mathmetician. However, these talents that he has improved on have developed from hard work and experience. In his post he says: "When we see someone who seems to do something well, we have the tendency to assume that they have special talent, rather than they had a set of experiences that prepared them to be successful". This was important to me because it gave me a new perspective. It allowed me to think differently about how hard those around us work to be good at the things they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment