Friday, September 19, 2014

Blog Post #5

Personal Learning Networks

A personal learning network is a collaboration of tools for helping you in your teaching career. These tools consist of a list of people whom you can call upon at any time for assistance. There are many ways to obtain this list, one of which is through social media. Twitter is a great source of social media to use for this type of situation, and is the first thing I am going to start with while creating my PLN. I plan to use Twitter by starting out with a small number of teachers to follow through the EDM program, and then expanding based off of their tweets and followers. This list of people can grow as large or as small as you allow for it to. I was able to locate some of my old high school teachers on Twitter, and start following them as well. Some of these teachers have moved to other palces throughout the US, so I can already see my information pool beginning to expand. I think it is important to follow people you do know, as well as people that you do not. The people you do know are likely to have common interests and view points as you do based on where you originally met. However, following someone you are unfamiliar with can open your mind to different opinions and ways of thinking!


Social Media Link

2 comments:

  1. Good post! It has a good foundation/definition of PNL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other teachers that can be followed are listed on the C4T and C4K accounts.

    Your PLN will be very valuable to you.

    ReplyDelete