Saturday, August 23, 2014

Courtney Hall Practice Blog Post

Courtney Hall
Who am I? Why do I want to be an educator? What does an educator do in his or her practice? What are my passions?
Who am I: Courtney Hall, from Mobile, Al, family
Why be an educator: Enjoy helping others and children
What does an educator do: Sets the standards for a persons way of thinking
What are my passions: Cheerleading and children

Hi, my name is Courtney Hall. I was born in South Carolina along with my twin sister named Caroline. Shortly after being born my family moved to Atlanta, Georgia to be closer to my grandparents so they could help with "the twins" while we were still so young. My parents divorced when my sister and I were very young, and when that happened my mom decided to pack us up and move to Mobile, Al. This where her side of the family lives. We have been here and loved it ever since! Growing up as a twin you always have someone there to do things with. It's like having a normal sibling only this sibling does practically everything you do. Senior year it became time for my sister and I to decide what college we were going to attend, and most importantly if we were going to attend the same school. It turned out that she had an incredible opportunity at Tulane University, and that was the direction she chose to go in. I chose to stay at home and create my own path without my sister. Being able to stay in Mobile has been easier for me and I am very happy with the decision I made.

In my family my only sibling is not my twin. I have one other sister named Virginia, and she has a beautiful daughter named Taylor. Part of the reason why I decided to enter into the field of education is because of Taylor. I have been a huge part of her life growing up. She helped me to realize how much I enjoy helping children learn new things, and being apart of that process. I would love to go to work everyday and make a difference in some child's life. I think that the way a child is taught to think when they are young will set the standard for the rest of that child's life. I want to be apart of helping in that process. Children are a passion of mine along with other thing as well. Cheerleading is a major part of my life. I cheered all throughout high school, and unfortunately got injured my senior year. My goal would be to be able to teach as well as coach! I hope that with this class my technology skills and perhaps patience will improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment